St. Patrick's Day Free Pattern!
#loomknitshamrock #loomknit3leafclover #freeloomknittingpatterns #stpatricksday #loomknitting #patterns #pattern #saintpatricksday #holiday
Very easy and adaptable to any loom with 3 pegs. These Loom Knit 3 Leaf Clovers will look great on a headband, hat, pocketbook, lapel or make into a pin or garland. There is also a video showing you how each section is done.
Loom Knit Shamrock/3 Leaf Clover Pattern
- Any loom with 3 pegs
- Any yarn 5-6 weight use 1 strand, 4 weight use 2 strands
- Knitting tool
- Crochet hook
- Yarn Needle
- Chain cast on 3 pegs. Leave 6 inch tail.
- Make i-cord (12 rows): Video Here for how to do i-cord: How to loom knit an i-cord
- Decrease i-cord...
- Move peg 1 to peg 2, knit over, move peg 3 to peg 2, knit over.
- Place 1st row of i-cord onto loom (peg with loop on it) forming 1st loop.
- Chain cast on 2 more pegs.
- Repeat above 2 more times but on the last loop do not cast on again.
- Create Stem...
- Row 1: u-knit
- Row 2: purl
- Repeat rows 1 and 2 (4) times or to desired length of stem.
- Bind off
- Using bind off tail and yarn needle neaten center of clover by going in and out of knitting. It should only take 3 stitches.
- Weave in ends.
THANK YOU FOR READING! HAPPY LOOMING!
copyright 2015, thismomentisgood, Nicole F. Cox, all rights reserved. Please link to this blog only.