Printfriendly

LOOM KNIT SANTA SCARF & HAT

Easy Childs Loom Knit Santa Hat & Scarf Set


I love these santa hats and scarves and knew that I just had to make up a pattern for the loom. I gave the original set to my nephew as a Christmas gift.  For safety, I made the scarf just long enough to go around the neck and lay inside the coat.  It is not meant to wrap around the neck. I'm thrilled with how the scarf came out and feel it's a nice match to the hat!

What You Will Need:  These supplies are for the Hat & Scarf


Straight Loom ( I used rose colored Knifty Knitter Loom)
Round Loom (measure child's head)
(1) Skein Patons Shetland Chunky (5); Color GOLD
(1) Skein Lion Brand Hometown USA (6): Color: TAMPA SPICE
(1) Skein  Lion Brand Hometown USA (6); Color: OAKLAND BLACK
(1) Skein Lion Brand Hometown USA (6); Color: New York White
Knitting Tool
Crochet Hook
Pom Pom Maker

Scarf: My Original Pattern (please feel free to use and share but give me credit please)


-E-Wrap Cast-on (6) Pegs with Red Yarn
-E-Wrap Knit (8) Rows
-Cast-on Black and E-Wrap Knit (4) Rows
-Drop Black and E-Wrap Knit with Red (45) Rows
-Cast on Black, then E-Wrap Knit  (4) Rows
-Cast on Red, E-Wrap Knit (8) Rows
-Chain Cast-Off Loom
-Weave in yarn ends
-Chain-Stitch Gold Buckles
-Add Tassels

all rights reserved, Nicole F. Cox, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com


Hat Pattern: Modified for the Loom

You will need a round loom (this was made for a 1 year old on the Red 31 peg loom, I would use the green Knifty Knitter loom for an older child as this hat is not real stretchy)

Brim:
-E-Wrap Cast-On with Red
-E-Wrap Knit (12) Rows
-Fold up Knitting to form Brim and Knit together
-Continue E-Wrap Knitting Red (3) Rows
-Cast-on Black
-E-Wrap Knit (3) Rows
-Drop Black
-E-Wrap Knit (11) Rows  (hat measures 7" but I would do it shorter depending on size desired)
-Work Gathered Removal To Remove Hat From Loom and Close top of Hat
-Add pom pom to top of hat
-Chain Stitch- Gold Buckle VIDEO






Copyright, 2013, Nicole F. Cox, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, all rights reserved.




Happy Loom Knitting!


No comments

Powered by Blogger.