Printfriendly

LOOM KNIT BOWS

Sweet Bows to add accents to your projects...


#loomknitting #bows #loomknitbows

My husband and I had a busy weekend which has left me pretty tired today. For today's project, I wanted something easy and quick.  Recently I found a pin on Pinterest that had a cute picture of crochet bows. When I clicked on the pin, as often happens,  it said "suspicious link".  I decided I would try to make them myself.  They came out pretty close to the picture I had seen and I'm pretty happy with them.  The pattern makes a 3" bow.  For the yellow bow, I used two strands of yarn as one.  For the blue bow, I used one strand of yarn. I wanted to show you what each would look like if you needed different thicknesses for your projects.  I think they would be really cute added to a little girls hat or maybe make a wreath of them in different colors.  Let me know if you have any questions about this project.

What you'll need:


Any color yarn/thickness to match your project
round loom
knitting tool
crochet hook
scissors

Directions:


Chain Cast on 15 pegs
Row 1:  knit across (do not e-wrap your stitches in this project)
Row 2-7: knit, purl, knit, purl, etc. across
Row 8: knit
Bind off leaving30" of yarn
Fold in half to find center...
Bring both ends in to meet at center...
Pull your ends through to hold fold...
Pull your ends through to hold fold...
Knot shorter strand and weave into knitting...
Now pull long strand up through center of bow...
wrap long strand around center of bow, while adding some tension...
Knot strands in back of bow, leaving tails for sewing on to project...

I hope you enjoy these cute little bows!
Thanks for reading!

Disclaimer:  I have made every effort to ensure that these instructions are accurate and complete.  I cannot, however, be reponsible for human error, typographical mistakes, or variations in individual work.  I am not a professional pattern writer.  Although these patterns have been tested by me, they are still considered test patterns because they have not been done by a large group of knitters. They are being shared free for this reason.  Please knit these patterns at your own risk.


Copyright, 2013, Nicole F. Cox, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, all rights reserved






No comments

Powered by Blogger.